We strongly encourage Black Brown Indigenous and people of the Global Majority to apply for this role. The work Slow Factory does at the intersection of climate justice and human rights is deeply anchored in decoloniality and requires the perspective of people from the Global Majority.
How you will contribute
- Research grants that align with our initiatives
- Research, prepare accurate and compelling draft grant proposals, reports and other grant related materials
- Support grant development processes including identifying funding opportunities, developing and managing project timelines
- Conceptualize different aspects of Slow Factory’s mission to apply for a variety of grants
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with peers in joint effort
- Proofread and copy edit grant proposals and grant reports
What we are looking for
- Investigative research, analysis, and synthesis skills
- Strategic thinker who can approach various types of grants from different angles
- Detail-oriented written communication skills
- Strong time management and organization skills
- Solutions-oriented and takes initiative
- Commitment to climate and human rights work
Why work with us
Using a holistic, equity-centered approach, we bridge science, human rights, technology, fashion & culture to develop products, resources and certifications for industry and consumers alike.
Our team of experts come from varied and creative backgrounds including journalism, trend forecasting, design, technology, and more. As a team, we value collaboration, an open-mind, respectfulness, compassion, and communication.
The opportunity to think in systems outside of white supremacy and colonialism for the sole purpose of creatively and intentionally dismantling these very systems of oppression is a unique invitation.
Slow Factory is a community and a family where you can come to work as yourself, where the work itself is a collective healing process allowing you to blossom, expand in your areas of expertise and be constantly inspired by your team members.
Our team is made of super heroes—and we think you’d be a great addition to work on big projects and opportunities to impact this world in a positive way for generations to come.
We invite you to bridge your values with your everyday actions and join a team doing important work the world, our communities and Mother Earth deeply needs.
How to Apply
Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your resume
- Link to social or web presence
- 30s video introducing yourself, saying something you will bring to this role